Substandard Lettings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist

2 posters

Go down

Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist Empty Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist

Post  The Hacker Fri May 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Your father abandoned your family before you ever knew him, leaving just you, your brother, and your mother to live in the countryside. One day, your mother dies from an illness. What do you do?

You pay more than an arm and a leg to get her back.

Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal123

Created by Hiromu Arakawa, Fullmetal Alchemist is a story of redemption and the farthest reaches of science, religion, patriotism, and morality. It follows two brothers on the road to redeem themselves from committing the gravest of sins against nature, science, and religion; a human alchemical transmutation. But they also struggle with the thought that, in order to become whole, they may have to tread that dreaded path again.

The series is dark and thoughtful, but not entirely without humor. It is also one of the biggest anime/manga imports to the U.S.

Discuss.
The Hacker
The Hacker

Power Level : 109

Back to top Go down

Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist Empty Re: Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist

Post  Incorrect English Thu May 27, 2010 9:36 am

What do you think of the most recent chapters? It's all gone completely insane O.O
Incorrect English
Incorrect English
Admin

Power Level : 120

http://substandardlettings.fare-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist Empty Re: Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist

Post  The Hacker Thu May 27, 2010 10:29 am

Unfortunately, i haven't read much of the manga, but I'm recently getting into the new Anime, Brotherhood, which is more based on it. I've heard a lot of crazy stuff, though! Mostly about Roy Mustang.
The Hacker
The Hacker

Back to top Go down

Post  Incorrect English Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am

He's certainly more involved in the manga than he is in the first anime. I felt they dumbed him down somewhat in the series, not really sure why considering that he's such a pivotal character in the manga.
Incorrect English
Incorrect English
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hacker Thu May 27, 2010 10:43 am

Probably because there was little left of the Manga's material when they were making the first series. From what I've gathered, Roy has been especially important recently in the manga, so they wouldn't have probably seen enough of him to portray him so well. I do love the original anime, though. I have have a feeling it will be hard for me to choose between the two anime when all is said and done.

Last edited by The Hacker on Fri May 28, 2010 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
The Hacker
The Hacker

Back to top Go down

Post  Incorrect English Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am

Yush you should get watching the original!! There's a lot that's different about it, but it can be appreciated for what it is with that in mind. Although I prefer my mangas and animes to tally, I did like the original series.
Incorrect English
Incorrect English
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum