Eiichiro Oda's One Piece

Go down

Eiichiro Oda's One Piece

Post  The Hacker on Tue May 25, 2010 10:53 am

Ever thought of being a pirate? Or would you just want to go out on an epic adventure in general? This spirit is captured in Eiichiro Oda's expansive Manga/Anime Series, One Piece.

One Piece is one of the most popular offerings from Shonen Jump. While it is beaten out by Naruto and Bleach in America, in it's homeland, it is most inarguably one of the bestselling Shonen Jump franchises ever, competing with even the classic Dragonball series by Akira Toriyama. In fact, the series has done crossovers with Dragonball a few times in special SJ issues.

With a strikingly cartoony character design, westerners have found it to be an acquired taste. People who see the characters tend to not pay attention to the series, but those who hold their noses and dive in are in for a grand adventure that's more about the journey than the destination.

Discuss.
The Hacker

Power Level : 109

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eiichiro Oda's One Piece

Post  KillswitchKitten on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:31 pm

My boyfriends obsessed with this series. I haven't read it, but personally, I prefer the 'Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom' sort of pirates if you catch my drift. :3
KillswitchKitten

Power Level : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hacker on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:58 am

I've watched some of the anime and it's actually really good. The problem with me is having the time to watch it all. There's a lot of episodes to the anime and even more chapters to the manga. My favorite character is definitely Usopp/Sogeking though. :3

SO badass. :3
The Hacker

Power Level : 109

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down